| HOUSING BENEFIT INCOME OFFICER |
| NOTTINGHAM |
| UP TO £23,000 PER ANNUM, DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE |
| MONDAY - FRIDAY, 9.00AM - 5.00PM |
Our client is seeking an experienced Housing Benefit Income Officer who has exceptional communication skills and have the confidence to interact effectively face to face, via phone and email. You will be able to work reliably and be self-motivated in your daily responsibilities. You will provide proactive and professional housing benefit and tenant debt support with a strong focus on building relationships with both the Local Authorities and tenants.
- Liaise with local authorities regarding potential rent levels and individuals housing benefit claims
- Monitor progress of claims and contacts with local authorities
- Monitor and effectively manage tenant rent arrears via telephone, email and letter
- The timely and accurate production of rental invoices and void requisitions for care providers
- Responsible for monitoring, authorisation and chasing of invoices for service charges, rental income and void invoices, in turn, ensures their collection and any payments are processed in line with procedures
- Ensure contractual arrangements are adhered to, accurate and timely recording and reconciliation of rent accounts
- Support year-end work and deal with queries from local authorities and customers regarding housing benefit and rental income
Skills/ Attributes/ Experience:
- Previous experience of Housing Benefit regulation and claims process is ESSENTIAL
- Knowledge of rent collection and arrears management
- Demonstrate outstanding collection performance
- Good numerical skills and a keen eye for detail
- Good communication, confidence to interact effectively face to face and via phone and email
- IT literate, with knowledge of excel
- Ability to work reliably and be self-motivated
Please only apply for this position if you can evidence, on your CV, the essential elements of the post.
Should this not be the case, you will only receive an automatically generated email response to your application with no further communication.