9 - 12 Month Maternity Cover
Full Time, Contract
Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm
Rarely But May Include Weekend And Evening Working
£42,560 - £44,767 Per Annum - (Pro Rata)
Our client is seeking an experienced Finance Manager who will be responsible for the day to day management of the organisation’s finance function, in order to ensure that all financial transactions are recorded and processed in an accurate and timely manner. You will provide timely, accurate, clear and reliable financial information to management and external funders as required.
The key objective is to produce comprehensive, accurate, clear, timely and reliable financial information for managers, SMT and the Board. This is crucial to facilitate management decision making.
Management and Statutory Accounts
- Prepare monthly Management Accounts in line with requirements of management and Board in order to monitor performance and identify management issues.
- Liaise with the Income Manager to ensure that all relevant information relating to income and debtors for management and statutory accounts is delivered accurately and to time
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns to HMRC timely payment of monies due.
- Prepare Annual Statutory Accounts in line with the requirements of the Regulator, Companies House, SORP, and Charity Commission.
- To prepare Company accounts for presentation to external auditors
- Assist the organisations external auditors in the annual audit of the Company Accounts with preparation of information and dealing with queries as they arise.
- Keep up to date with changes in Accounting Standards, legislation and best practice ensuring changes are implemented in the preparation of the accounts.
- Lead and coordinate the preparation of annual budgets for SMT and Board approval in conjunction with budget holders.
- Liaise with the Income Manager to ensure that all relevant information relating to income budgets is delivered accurately and to time
- Prepare supporting documentation for appropriate presentation to a variety of users.
- Develop budgets for new services in order to retain existing and secure new funding streams
- Prepare financial forecasting and cash flow models for specific services to facilitate management decision making.
- Responsible for the consolidation and analysis of the organisation’s income and expenditure for presentation to SMT and the Board. This will require liaison with the Income Manager and the Income Team
- Ensure that accurate timely financial information is available internally and to grant funders, including supporting documentation, as required.
- Promote financial awareness to all managers throughout the organisation through day to day contact and periodic meetings and delivery of training programmes.
- Attend regular meetings with budget holders and to communicate financial issues to non-financial staff.
- Produce, develop, and maintain financial reports for use by managers and budget holders, and to give advice on the implications of the reports
- Lead, supervise, motivate, support and develop Finance Officers in their effective performance, by identifying functions, setting deadlines, monitoring workload, conducting regular supervision and appraisal and, where necessary, covering for them in their absence.
- Give the Finance Team support and advice, clarifying priorities, and assisting in the resolution of problems.
- Offer the Finance Team opportunities to develop their own expertise and experience in their role in order that they progress in their own career development
- Ensure that Team members deliver a polite and knowledgeable service to Services and Managers and to promote good communication channels.
- Liaise effectively with the Head of Finance, Funders, Managers and others to ensure financial disciplines are followed and to ensure good working relations throughout.
- Influence decisions and actions of managers in the light of financial information and their objectives
- Manage the accounting software, implementing updates, looking for increased efficiency, promoting better use of IT in financial processes and reporting, identifying and implementing new systems when appropriate.
- Manage the finance system so that it is flexible in its structure and copes with the demands of changing reporting requirement of the organisation.
- Ensure accurate recording and proper authorisation of liabilities through purchase ledger, travel claims and accrual procedures to ensure payment of all liabilities at the due time.
- Ensure that financial procedures are documented, reviewed, and updated in line with good practice, and that audit recommendations are followed.
- Keep the organisation’s internal financial controls under review in order to ensure that financial risks are minimised.
- Identify weaknesses in internal financial controls and to recommend and implement improvements
- At least 5 years experience of managing and motivating a finance office in a medium sized organisation
- A recognised senior accountancy qualification such as CIMA, ACA or other relevant equivalent
- Strong leadership and innovative problem solving skills
- Good communication skills to convey financial information to others who have varying levels of financial understanding in order to influence their decision making. These skills need to be in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to be self - managing of the workload associated with the post and the demands
Please only apply for this position if you can evidence, on your CV, the essential elements of the post.
Should this not be the case, you will only receive an automatically generated email response to your application with no further communication.