Our client is seeking an experienced Administrator to provide credit control, sales ledger and administrative support to the Finance team.
21.75 hours per week over 3 days, (ideally) Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
£18,000 to £20,000 (pro rata) Derby
- Input cash received data onto IRIS including cash, cheques, credit card monies and Direct Debits from all bank accounts.
- Process incoming cheques and BACS payments
- Process and accurate recording of Direct Debit collections, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
- Allocation of payments using IRIS Fee Ledger and Sage 50 Accounts.
- Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner to meet agreed targets and objectives.
- Regular contact with clients to ensure all relevant debts are managed as necessary.
- Chase overdue debt by telephone, email and letter within agreed timescales.
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness, including proposal and re-negotiation of payment plans.
- Respond promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries.
- Handle disputed invoices in liaison with Directors and Managers to ensure speedy resolution.
- Pursue legal action for overdue debt in line with the Credit Control Policy via both Solicitors and the Money Claims Online service.
- Accurate and timely maintenance of credit control progress and status reports.
- Monthly reconciliation of cash received ensuring that deadlines are met as required.
- Undertake account reconciliations as required.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting as requested by management.
- Provide cover for purchase ledger as required. This will include processing of purchase invoices, staff expense forms
- To carry out any other duties as may from time to time be reasonable, requested by the directors and commensurate with the experience of the post holder and the grading of the post.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programmes.
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
- Excellent communication skills with a calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Strong prioritisation and organisation skills with the ability to multitask.
- Prior experience in accountancy practice.
- Experience of IRIS Fee and Time Ledger.
- Experience of Sage 50 Accounts.
Please only apply for this position if you can evidence, on your CV, the essential elements of the post.
Should this not be the case, you will only receive an automatically generated email response to your application with no further communication.