Our Client are seeking to appoint an energetic, well organised and results driven individual to join their transport team.The successful candidate will be responsible for managing route efficiency and utilising optimum disposal outlets within the area to ensure effective use of vehicles and facilities.
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000 per annum
- Manage driver availability and coverage in line with legislation and company procedures to ensure that there is suitable coverage at all times.
- Proactive vehicle management, including liaison with fleet, safe vehicle operations.
- Supervise vehicle availability on a daily basis ensuring that drivers have completed their checks in accordance with company policy.
- Contribute toward ongoing cost control, actively seeking to improve efficiency and reduce operating costs eg. running and analysing Depot reports.
- Ensure all administrative tasks associated with the Dispatch office are completed, including time sheets, tachograph records, payroll records, holiday rotas.
- In conjunction with the Service Delivery Manager, ensures that mandatory training, induction and toolbox talks are delivered in line with company policy.
- Monitor service levels and suggest corrective action where appropriate.
- For unplanned and unscheduled work the controller is required to plan and mobile resources according to customer needs.
- General administration to include resolving invoice queries, processing time sheets for payroll
- Maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Experience within a similar role within a Services or Logistics industry, preferably with waste industry knowledge , although this is not essential.
- You will demonstrate excellent customer service.
- Planning and organisational skills and be a strong communicator.
Please only apply for this position if you can evidence, on your CV, the essential elements of the post.
Should this not be the case, you will only receive an automatically generated email response to your application with no further communication.