Our client is seeking to appoint a driven individual to develop and lead a team to complete the purchasing of all products, delivering best value, quality and lead time against the business and customer requirements. You will be experienced in Purchasing with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships!
Location: Nottingham City Centre
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 per annum
- Develop and motivate a team of highly skilled and competent people, whose values and approach align to the business requirements to delivery world class performance for our growing customer base
- Work with and develop a best value group of supplier relationships based against performance and commercial criteria for the fulfilment of orders
- Work with the Production Lead to manage the relationship with our supplier providers. Performance manage their provision against the agreed SLAs, with quality control, capacity planning, monthly reporting and target setting for improvements
- Management and improvement of the purchasing process to ensure completion within agreed lead times and to expedite priority orders where required
- Work across functions to ensure that orders are tracked and their progress is reported on, to enable them to communicate effectively to our customers, suppliers and team members
- Expediting 'Red Flag’ orders and communicating any delays which may jeopardize on-time delivery
- Continually challenging current practices to improve the effectiveness of processes and the relationships with our suppliers
- Reviewing systems, processes and relationships to proactively implement improvements within Supply Chain and companywide
- Experience of developing and leading high performance teams is DESIRABLE
- Experience of managing supplier relationships delivering the best commercial and quality returns
- Experience working in a Supply Chain role is preferred but not essential
- Ability to manage and negotiate the service provision, through their top management, of our suppliers
- Attention to detail with an extremely high degree of accuracy
- Highly numerate with the ability to handle complex information and analysis
- Excellent IT skills in particular Microsoft Office/Excel
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload based on company commercial priorities and objectives
- Strong communicator with the ability to build and maintain successful customer, supplier and internal relationships
- A team player with strong personal values, showing integrity, an open mind and attentive listening skills
- University Degree or equivalent
Please only apply for this position if you can evidence, on your CV, the essential elements of the post.
Should this not be the case, you will only receive an automatically generated email response to your application with no further communication.