Our client is seeking to appoint an experienced Administrator with strong IT skills and accuracy. You will work well to deadlines and enjoy a varied role where attention to detail is paramount!
You will join a small team and boast strong all-round administration skills and excellent communication skills and be used to working to deadlines.
- NG2, accessible via public transport
- Full time, Permanent
- £18,500 - £20,000 per annum
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Submit accurate weight details into terminal web portals and record exceptional data.
- Accurately process bill of lading documents.
- Prepare and send customs/shipping instructions to meet deadlines.
- Track and record various vessel deadlines using web portals and information from carriers.
- Complete information to process transfer between UK and China systems.
- Liaise with carriers on any queries arising from incorrect or incomplete documentation.
- Run reports and maintain excel spreadsheets to ensure all data is submitted correctly.
- Building good relations with all supplier and carrier contacts through written and verbal communication.
- Processing of supplier and transport invoices and preparing for VAT return.
- Strong computer skills, with a focus on speed and a high-level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload in accordance with commercial demands.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Good problem-solving skills, and a willingness to fully investigate problems to a resolution.
- Excellent customer service skills, for both internal and external customers.
- Cost conscious in general business costs, and additional costs incurred due to logistical issues.
- Previous shipping or logistics experience