£18,000 per annum, Nottingham City Centre
Our client is looking for an individual to advise and represent clients in all matters related to service charge and ground rent collection. This role involves managing a varied caseload linked to collecting outstanding arrears for clients and general management of tasks within their case management system.
**Occasional travel required! 2-3 days in duration**
- Managing a varied caseload linked to collecting outstanding arrears for clients
- Management of the tasks within case management system
- General court procedural work - filing court forms, adhering to deadlines
- Corresponding with clients and providing the necessary advice and services, based on the firm’s specialism and advising on likely costs and taking a client’s instructions
- Advising on the law and legal issues relating to clients case
- Negotiating with third parties, clients and other professionals to secure settlements
- Acting on behalf of clients in disputes
- Instructing barristers or specialist advocates to appear in court for the client in complex disputes
- Producing letters and preparing papers for court
- Working in a team, sometimes referring cases to the head of department
- Updating and maintaining the firm’s case management system
- To conduct various and relevant compliance checks on individuals and companies
- Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the law by reading journals and law reports
Skills / Experience / Attributes
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the following qualities:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent organisational, administrative and time management skills
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and work to tight deadlines
- Can work calmly under pressure
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Personable, friendly and hardworking.
Please only apply for this position if you can evidence, on your CV, the essential elements of the post.
Should this not be the case, you will only receive an automatically generated email response to your application with no further communication.