Our Client are seeking to appoint a driven individual in possession of an LPC or CILEX Qualification to advise and represent clients within their Family Law firm based in Nottingham.
Salary: £18,000 - £21,000 per annum
- Management of the tasks within case management system
- General court procedural work - filing court forms, adhering to deadlines
- Corresponding with clients and providing the necessary advice and services, based on the firm’s specialism and advising on likely costs and taking a client’s instructions
- Advising on the law and legal issues relating to clients case
- Creating letters tailored to the client’s individual needs
- Negotiating with third parties, clients and other professionals to secure settlements
- Corresponding with third parties, clients and opposing solicitors
- Acting on behalf of clients in disputes
- Manage a varied case load
- Instructing barristers or specialist advocates to appear in court for the client in complex disputes
- Preparing papers for court, attend case conferences and Court
- Working in a team, sometimes referring cases to the head of department
- Updating and maintaining the firm’s case management system
- To conduct various and relevant compliance checks on individuals and companies and to be aware of when to alert the Head of Team to an adverse result
- Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the law by reading journals and law reports
- Posses a Legal Practise Certificate, least a 2:1 in law preferably with Family Law electives
- Experience in Children Act cases
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills with a professional manner
- Exemplary grammar and punctuation skills
Please only apply for this position if you can evidence, on your CV, the essential elements of the post.
Should this not be the case, you will only receive an automatically generated email response to your application with no further communication.