Our client is seeking to appoint a Junior Account Executive to join their team! This is a sales support function working within the sales team with the opportunity for future growth and progression.
We are looking for candidates with good analytical/commercial acumen. The role has responsibility for analysis and management of EPOS and sales reports, market insight, range review “deep dives” as well as supporting the sales team with a wide variety of customer and business driven projects.
£23,000 - £25,000 per annum
Full time, permanent
About the Role:
The Junior Account Executive will be responsible for supporting the sales team providing analysis, intel and customer and consumer insights. This person will help deliver insights and expectations for distribution, range, space and rate of sale driving propositions. The main objective is to drive category growth for their customers and to further strengthen our brand proposition in the category.
You must have excellent analytical and Excel/spreadsheet and interpersonal skills.
- Support the Sales team in the development of rolling category plans.
- Support the execution of the category plan. To support strategies to maximise range, primary space, location, availability and macro space incorporating all category growth levers.
- Support the sales team in the creation of distribution, range and space targets by customer that deliver against market maps and regularly measure progress against these.
- Support the sales team in the delivery of range review materials (such as planograms) where required.
- Support the sales team to ensure tactics within the plan are executed in store. Evaluate the impact & ensure that learnings feed into future planning & activation across the channel.
- Work with the sales team to develop category selling stories and tailor them for our customer, incorporating customer level shopper / consumer insight.
- Must have excellent analytical and Excel/spreadsheet skills
- Strong communication and facilitation skills (written & presented)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrable capability of applying category management thinking
- An understanding of category management principles
- Strong organisation & time management skills to manage multiple projects to deadlines
- Full driving licence
Experience preferred but not essential:
- Commercial experience, ideally within Grocery, High Street, Online and Pharmacy
- Practical experience of category management process