We are recruiting for a fantastic organisation in Nottingham City Centre, who are seeking an experienced Financial Accountant to join their small, close-knit team!
This is a rare opportunity to work on a hybrid basis (2 days in the office per week), with flexible hours to suit you!
With huge emphasis on work/life balance, this role is far from the traditional Accountant role!
** Early applications encouraged **
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Full time, permanent
- Bonus Plan
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Support
- Enhanced Family Leave
- 25 Days AL + Stats
- Gym Membership
- Social Events
- Hybrid Working
- Professional Subscriptions
- Flexi Hours
The purpose of this role is to ensure the provision of accurate and timely financial accounting information for management and regulatory authorities.
- Part of the Financial Reporting team involved in planning, preparation, and delivery of year-end statutory accounts for subsidiaries and internal and external audits within agreed timetables.
- Involved in the preparing of tax pack computations on an annual basis.
- Prepare the quarterly Group VAT return in accordance with the partial exemption method agreed with HMRC and associated reconciliations.
- Update the accounting systems and carry out appropriate checks to ensure that accounting records are complete and accurate and delivery of the monthly close process; including EIR transactions, and preparing required journals.
- Prepare and assist in the completion of various regulatory returns on a monthly/quarterly basis as needed to support the wide r financial reporting team to meet the regulatory reporting timetable.
- To ensure key balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a timely and accurate basis.
- Relevant work experience within an accountancy practice or a finance department is ESSENTIAL.
- Excellent PC skills (Excel and Word) and the ability to work confidently with financial systems and quickly understand other business systems.
- A proven track record of working in an environment of careful judgement and scrutiny of information