ARE YOU A PROFESSIONAL SHOPPER?
| PURCHASING OFFICER|
| BILSTHORPE, NOTTINGHAM |
| TEMPORARY ONGOING|
| £10.91 PER HOUR |
| MON-FRI, 8.00AM TO 4:00PM (37 HOURS PER WEEK) |
Our client is seeking to appoint a bright and honest individual who is eager to become an integral member of their Procurement Team! You will be professional in dealing with internal customers and external supply chain partners. Thinking outside of the box will come naturally to you, as well as having a 'will-do' attitude and ruthless work ethic!
You will be organised and a team player who is always willing to go that extra mile to support colleagues and clients.
- Develop strong relationships with suppliers
- Ensure high value orders are ordered and shipped in accordance with security procedures
- Working with the business and product managers to ensure appropriate stock levels are set and managed
- Ensure appropriate supplier and customer pricing portals are kept up to date
- Onboard new vendors and supplies as required
- Work with product managers to manage product sourcing, pricing and lead time management for run rate and special-order items
- Help develop new processes and tools to support the product operations teams through the growth of the business
- Ensure purchase orders are placed in a timely manner and chasing deliveries
- Ensure problems with orders and goods in queiries are managed and dealt with effectively.
- Ensuring compliance with sourcing strategy and with procurement policies and procedures.
- Previous experience in Purchasing is ideal.
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and meet changing deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels
- Commercial acumen, ability to analyze data to make and justify decisions
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proficient IT skills with the ability to learn new systems quickly and proactively
- Ability to quickly learn and retain knowledge with regards to products and processes
Please only apply for this position if you can evidence, on your CV, the essential elements of the post.
Should this not be the case, you will only receive an automatically generated email response to your application with no further communication