Our Client is seeking to appoint an energetic individual to lead a team who are the key contacts between the Customer and the Client. The team’s purpose is to support business and relationship development, working closely with the External Sales team to identify new business, and increase opportunities in the UK and Europe.
You will plan and deliver the building and training of the team, with key skills, career development, and a professional working environment as key targets. You will also manage the evolution of this team, and its capabilities, as business demands themselves evolve.
In addition, you will be an active member of the team yourself, where you will be expected to carry out the technical sales team tasks, interpreting customer needs and working closely with Operations Management, Engineering, Finance, Parts Control, and Materials Control, in order to achieve the following:
Salary: £35,000 per annum
- Develop, encourage and establish solid business relationships with customers, including developing and maintaining Japanese and European contacts where necessary.
- Prepare quotes and product information following customer's requirements.
- Provide a fast and accurate response to customer queries regarding product range, quotes, prices, order status, stock availability, lead times, deliveries and discrepancies.
- Process sample requests and monitor sample quality, safe packaging and despatch.
- Create and monitor easy-access customer files including respective company information files, quotes, orders and samples.
- Assist in sourcing and sampling of necessary materials, parts and services from external suppliers, in order to support the customer demand
- Maintain and regularly update customer and supplier data designed to be used by the Sales Department.
- Follow up any enquiries to encourage development of business relationships, including potential business figures, and collate information as and when requested by the Key Account Manager(s).
- Prepare company and product information, brochures and samples when necessary.
- Support the Key Account Manager(s) in developing new business contacts.
- Develop KPI’s from customer data to inform Senior Management Team (SMT) and the sales team of RFQ’s, business performance and level of customer activity.
- Lead and coach the team of Technical Sales Support Advisors, through understanding of necessary team member skills, identifying and filling key skill gaps, motivating and encouraging a positive, enthusiastic working attitude, and understanding and supporting team members’ career development.
- Support the recruitment, training and development of new team members
- Ensure compliance with CSR and IATF policies, by understanding the expectation of team conduct, identifying areas that do not meet those expectations, and planning for correcting those items for improvement. This will involve close co-operation with other departments, in particular Quality, Health & Safety, and Sales.
Other duties (but not exhaustive):
- Assist in general sales support and administration as and when required.
- Comply with Quality, Health and Safety procedures at all times
- Accompany Key Account Managers (KAM) on Customer visits
- There will be, from time to time, the need to travel abroad to customers, and other Company sites
- Educated to degree or equivalent level/experience.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working in an automotive environment would be advantageous, but not essential
- Pro-active, approachable and outgoing attitude.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good level of keyboard skills, grammar, literacy and numeracy including developing spreadsheets.
- Good knowledge and experience of Excel and Word, letter/fax layouts and wording.
Ideally you will have led teams in an environment where customer focus is of the utmost importance, and where the need for attention to detail, accuracy, expedience and ability to interpret drawing and plans is required. You will have a 'willdo’ attitude and have the ability to work across teams to ensure that you and your team deliver what the customer wants, first time and to the required quality standard.
Please only apply for this position if you can evidence, on your CV, the essential elements of the post.
Should this not be the case, you will only receive an automatically generated email response to your application with no further communication.