£25,000 - £30,000 per annum
You will be a key member of the Purchasing Department, responsible for maintaining stock levels and managing UK and International suppliers that are primarily supporting the companies’ purchasing function. You're main consideration will be ensuring that products ordered are done so OTIF.
- Review and implement improvement plans, negotiating service level agreements and monitoring performance
- Maintain and improve reliability and efficiency in line with strategic goals
- Deliver cost reduction initiatives
- Source new suppliers
- Manage annual cost price negotiations with existing suppliers
- Constantly look for continuous improvement opportunities in line with supply chain best practice, focusing heavily on improving customer satisfaction
- Negotiate contracts and tenders within a project management atmosphere
- Continuous review of products, working with suppliers to re-engineer delivering improved designs and costs
Skills / Experience / Attributes
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
- At least 3 years’ experience within purchasing (within an FMCG or retail environment would be desirable)
- Knowledge of purchase ordering procedures and experience of successfully managing multiple accounts (domestic and international)
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Well educated and IT literate
- Excellent organisation and time management, works well on own initiative
- Ability to manage priorities and work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Professional, confident and friendly manner
Please only apply for this position if you can evidence, on your CV, the essential elements of the post.
Should this not be the case, you will only receive an automatically generated email response to your application with no further communication.