Our client is seeking an experienced candidate to join their Central HR Team as a Senior HR Advisor. The successful candidate will develop an effective relationship with all departments within the business!
You will have strong knowledge and experience as an HR generalist as you will be responsible for advising and supporting senior leaders on policy and procedures. This will be a varied role and you will be required to manage a variety of casework including disciplinary, capability, sickness absence and restructures.
You will work within a small team of HR professionals and continually strive to improve systems and processes to ensure they remain an employer of choice.
- NG7, with parking
- £27,000 - £29,500 per annum, pro rata
- Full time, 9 Month FTC
- To be a professional point of contact for senior leaders and to provide excellent advice and guidance on all HR matters.
- To have the ability to resolve both simple and complex situations in accordance with the relevant policies and procedures.
- To be the first point of contact for any queries regarding terms and conditions of employment for all employees
- To manage and advise senior staff on casework including disciplinary, capability, grievance and restructures.
- To work closely with the schools to oversee the process for all staff recruitment and selection. This includes liaising with the HR Assistant and HR Advisors regarding recruitment materials, relevant checks and supporting interview panels throughout the process.
- To provide advice regarding any changes of contract requests and providing a link to the HR Assistant and HR Advisors in order that they provide the relevant letters/contracts and update the HR data base.
- To maintain a knowledge and overview of staffing and organisation changes through post changes, new starters, leavers and employment of temporary and casual staff.
- To ensure compliance with all recruitment and safeguarding requirements including the acquisition of DBS checks, references, medical clearance and evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
- To evaluate any new and existing support staff positions in accordance with the job evaluation scheme
- To manage and advise staff on the maternity and family friendly policies and processes ensuring employees are aware of entitlements and processes in accordance with employment legislation.