Purchasing Assistant, Colwick, £20-24k per annum
Our client is seeking a professional and well organised individual to assist in all purchasing activities and support the day to day operations of small goods inwards.
- Negotiate the commercial terms of the business with suppliers
- Source new suppliers
- Maintain the data on the business system with regards to suppliers and product usage lead times to enable accurate planning
- Support the purchasing function - receive small goods deliveries and ensure they are logged on SAP
- Inspect and verify the goods are conforming to delivery note - inspect for quality and ensure quantities are correct
- Report on any discrepancies or damage to the stock to Store Manager
- Label stock and maintenance items with stock numbers
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the following qualities:
- Fork lift truck driving licence is essential
- Must have experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication, analytic and numerical skills
- Qualification in purchasing (or working towards) would be desirable
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Office 2000 and SAP
- Able to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure
Please only apply for this position if you can evidence, on your CV, the essential elements of the post.
Should this not be the case, you will only receive an automatically generated email response to your application with no further communication.