Our client is seeking to appoint an experienced Senior Buyer who will take responsibility for ensuring products and services are provided at the best commercial terms to support the needs of the business. You will be number driven, with strong negotiaton skills in order to excel in this role!
Location: Colwick, Nottingham
Salary: £30,000 per annum
- Manage and develop existing suppliers
- Identify opportunities and implement supply chain changes where appropriate
- Negotiate with suppliers to achieve best value to support the business needs
- Work in cross-functional teams to manage incoming and out-going product collections
- Report writing and analysis of data to support departmental KPI’s
- Analysis of appropriate sales metrics to mould future purchasing and stock holding plans
- Controlling, building and strengthening supplier relationships to continually improve and report on performance
- Communication using high standard of interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Proven experience in a Buying role is essential
- Possess a good working knowledge of Excel, particularly the use of formulas and other tools to enable statistical analysis of the stock range is essential
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to work to tight deadlines
- A self-starter who is able to independently manage and prioritise their own workload on a daily basis
- Knowledge of SAP or equivalent ERP system is desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Can demonstrate full ownership for analytical decisions
Please only apply for this position if you can evidence, on your CV, the essential elements of the post.
Should this not be the case, you will only receive an automatically generated email response to your application with no further communication.