£35,000 per annum
Our client is seeking an experience individual to head up the Buying department for a busy industrial suppliers.
- Negotiating pricing and costs and seeking out further reductions in cost
- Competitor analysis
- Meeting with suppliers, agreeing pricing and changes
- Sourcing new products and suppliers
- Liaising with the sales department on poor suppliers
- Preparing well-documented request for tender packages and working closely together with all stakeholders in the business.
- Ensuring the supplier is providing all data required for product setup and ensuring the accurate set up of new suppliers and products on our systems
Skills / Experience / Attributes
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualities
- Experience of buying, product management or vendor management
- A successful record of controlling and reducing external spend whilst developing a robust supplier base
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of industrial products and DIY/hard goods
- Previous experience of either B2B / B2C retrial, distance selling or contract based merchandising
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Good time management and organisation
- Personable and a team player
Please only apply for this position if you can evidence, on your CV, the essential elements of the post.
Should this not be the case, you will only receive an automatically generated email response to your application with no further communication.