Our client, a well established and evolving family business are seeking to appoint a Purchasing Assistant to join their team. You will be a clear communicator and both proactive and efficient. This is an unmissable opportunity for a keen individual to further develop their career with a desire to learn and grow!
Location: Old Basford
Salary: £22,000 per annum
- Selecting new suppliers and reviewing the old
- Finding the right suppliers
- Negotiating prices within your remit (getting the best value for money)
- Ensuring the products are delivered on time
- Updating departments with delivery dates for outstanding orders by liaising with goods inwards and communicating back to departments
- Chasing P.O.D’s
- Matching all paperwork
- Stock control (where required)
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers while seeking new ones
- A qualification and or previous experience in purchasing is required
- Good communication skills face to face, telephone and email
- Can remain calm under pressure
- Have analytical skills
- Negotiate and network
- Numerical Ability
- Have IT skills
- Good commercial awareness
Please only apply for this position if you can evidence, on your CV, the essential elements of the post.
Should this not be the case, you will only receive an automatically generated email response to your application with no further communication.