Our Client is seeking to appoint a Credit Controller to liaise between the credit control and the marketing /sales department to ensure credit issues are resolved smoothly. You will be an outstanding communicator, with the ability to arrange and agree suitable re-payment plans, as well as overseeing customer accounts and monitoring credit situations!
Salary: £21,177 per annum
- Checking customers credit situations
- Setting up the terms and conditions of the receivable and payable balances
- Dealing with queries about payments, ensuring customers pay on time
- Posting and allocating daily receipts to accounting systems
- Meet cash & debtor day targets set by the Company
- Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email & letter within agreed time-scales
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity
- Regularly making contact with customers to ensure all relevant debts are managed
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness
- Handle disputed bills and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms
- Propose write off of irrecoverable receivables
- Undertake account reconciliations
- Develop the credit management capability within the practice
- Handle all Portal payments and invoicing reconciliations
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally
- Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail
- Competence in Microsoft Office products, XL and Sage accounting software programmes
- Calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- A good head for numbers
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Familiarity with data entry and analysis
- The ability to listen to customers and negotiate winning solutions.
Please only apply for this position if you can evidence, on your CV, the essential elements of the post.
Should this not be the case, you will only receive an automatically generated email response to your application with no further communication.