Our client are seeking to appoint a professional, driven and meticulous individual to deliver a full range of accounting duties to cover a 9 Month FTC.
You will be an effective communicator, posses the ability to prioritise workload and have strong numeracy and literacy skills.
**DUE TO THE LOCATION OF THE COMPANY, A FULL DRIVING LICENCE AND VEHICLE IS ESSENTIAL**
Location: Langar, Nottingham
Salary: £23,000 per annum
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week between 08:00am and 5:00pm with a degree of flexibility
required to meet the demands of the business.
- To post all supplier invoices to the ledger, ensuring they are matched to purchase orders where applicable and coded to the correct nominal ledger code and supplier account
- Produce the monthly payment run ensuring all payments are made on the due dates and for the correct amounts
- Update and allocate all the payments to the ledger in a timely manner
- Complete monthly statement reconciliations for suppliers by the deadline set
- Create new supplier accounts
- Carry out an audit check of all invoices posted to the ledger to ensure accuracy
- To produce sales invoices for customers on a daily basis
- To control and reconcile the petty cash tin ensuring all vouchers are received and signed
- Chasing overdue invoices by telephone, email and letter within agreed timescales
- Deal with customers with high volume of invoices, ensuring queries are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner in order to maximise cashflow
- Work through Daily Delivery/On Stop report, releasing orders for delivery subject to obtaining payments for overdue debt and adherence with credit policy
- To complete the daily banking; posting and allocating receipts from our customers
- Relationship management - dealing with our range of customers sensitively
- Negotiation with customers to resolve outstanding issues and secure payment of overdue debt
- Reduce the aged debt in line with individual and departmental monthly targets.
- Provide assistance to Financial Controller with other aspects of reporting
- Provide assistance with updating daily cashflow reports and forecasting payments
- Complete bank account reconcilations
Key Skills / Attributes:
- Experience of dealing with Key Accounts: both in terms of volume of transactions and complexity
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both verbal and written
- Able to work to deadlines and achieve results under pressure
- Problem solving ability
- Commercial and business awareness
- Ability to remain professional and calm in a pressurised environment
- Numerate and literate
- Excellent IT skills in Excel/Word/Outlook/Sales ledger systems
- Experience in SAP desirable but not essential
Please only apply for this position if you can evidence, on your CV, the essential elements of the post.
Should this not be the case, you will only receive an automatically generated email response to your application with no further communication.