Our client is seeking to appoint an experienced individual to assist in the day to day running of the Sales & Logistics Department by providing customer support in the processing of orders, arranging logistical requirements, answering general queries and maintaining accurate records!
This role will also be covering both a defined list of clients and to work as a team providing support and back up to colleagues within the department.
- £25,000 - £27,000 per annum
- Annesley, Driving license required!
- Developing good Customer Relationships – in many cases you will be first point of contact.
- Orders and Schedules - Ensuring client documentation is complete according to FEL work instructions.
- Entering all sales orders into the system, including the placing of Prototype (NPOP) orders with the relevant production site, chasing lead times and maintaining the NPOP logs.
- Ensure milestones and lead times for all orders are promptly communicated externally to clients.
- Prompt response to all customer routine logistical enquires and quality issues.
- To ensure all records are maintained and up to date.
- Keep all departments advised of any relevant dates, new part phase ins, changes to orders.
- To check part approvals, advise any extra-ordinary customer requirements in order to minimise delays and prevent any unnecessary errors.
- Logistics. - To be responsible for the on time processing of shipments on the BAAN ERP system for assigned customers To raise paperwork and labelling as needed.
- To book transport in due time using customer and shipper’s portals as necessary, or liaising with customer to confirm shipping requirements.
- Keeping customers informed of any logistic issues.
- Advise Warehouse of weekly picks and daily collections.
- Competency in Microsoft Office packages, in particular Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with Client based purchasing and logistical portals.
- Ability to develop and maintain good internal and external relationships.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a demanding environment within a small team and provide cover for holidays/absence and busy periods.
- Good problem solving skills and confidence to use initiative.
- Attention to detail and quality conscious.