Our client is seeking to appoint an experienced individual to assist in the day to day running of the Sales & Logistics Department! You will provide outstanding customer support in the processing of orders, arranging logistical requirements, answering general queries and maintaining accurate records. This role with cover both a defined list of clients and will also work as part of the existing team, providing support and back up to colleagues within the relevant department.
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 per annum
Full time, permanent
- Ensuring client documentation is complete
- Entering all sales orders into the system, including the placing of Prototype (NPOP) orders with the relevant production site, chasing lead times and maintaining the NPOP logs.
- Supporting the prototype process by updating and maintaining the Item Master.
- To ensure milestones and lead times for all orders are promptly communicated externally to clients.
- Prompt response to all customer routine logistical enquires and quality issues.
- Keep all departments advised of any relevant dates, new part phase ins, changes to orders. To check part approvals, advise any extra-ordinary customer requirements in order to minimise delays and prevent any unnecessary errors.
- To be responsible for the on time processing of shipments on the BAAN ERP system for assigned customers - and to provide back up when colleagues are busy or absent.
- To book transport in due time using customer and shipper’s portals as necessary, or liaising with customer to confirm shipping requirements.
- Keeping customers informed of any logistic issues.
- Competency in Microsoft Office packages, in particular Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with Client based purchasing and logistical portals.
- Familiarity with Freight forwarding portals.
- Familiarity with BAAN or similar ERP systems.
- Ability to develop and maintain good internal and external relationships.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a demanding environment within a small team and provide cover for holidays/absence and busy periods.
- Good problem solving skills and confidence to use initiative.