| SENIOR BUYER |
| ALFRETON, DERBY |
| £25,000 - £27,000 PER ANNUM |
| HOURS: MONDAY - THURSDAY 8.30AM - 5.00PM, FRIDAY 8.30AM - 4.00PM |
* BENEFITS *
- Pension scheme
- Free Parking
- Dress down Friday and early finish
- 23 days annual leave rising to 28 after 5 year's service
Our client is looking for an experienced Buyer to support the effective and efficient function of the purchasing department. You will have experience working within a fast-paced environment and working within a diverse role. You must be a confident and credible communicator with a background in a procurement based position.
- Coordinate the ordering, stock control and supply of parts and consumables to service and sales engineers
- Identify and source relevant parts and negotiate prices with suppliers at commercially competitive rates
- Convert purchase requisitions into orders within agreed deadlines
- Order all parts, and consumables and manage hire of all plant for projects and service & repair jobs
- Order all consumables and stationery for field-based personnel
- Ensure incoming product is receipted and managed appropriately according to company procedure
- Check and approve purchase invoices
- Deal with all invoice related queries and resolve where possible.
- Liaise with accounts colleagues when necessary to ensure a smooth running and continuance of supply chain
- Provide routine management information on inventory performance and ensure integrity and accuracy of stock management system
- 2-3 year's experience in a similar position is ESSENTIAL
- Experience using SAP is ESSENTIAL
- Strong IT skills and proficient in Microsoft Office
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to confidently interact with suppliers and colleagues
Please only apply for this position if you can evidence, on your CV, the essential elements of the post.
Should this not be the case, you will only receive an automatically generated email response to your application with no further communication.