£40,000 per annum
Our client is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and ambitious candidate who is looking to take the next step in their career! If you're hoping to get into Supply Chain Management, this is the opportunity for you!
- Lead and direct strategic planning for supply chain management
- Sourcing of new suppliers and negotiation of commercial terms
- Develop methods and procedures for scheduling of raw materials from suppliers
- Support manufacturing in achieving customer demand and minimising stock and cost.
- Plan the UK site to optimise customer delivery, whilst taking account of factory efficiency and stock levels
- Liaise with customer service to ensure that up to date information relating to customer deliveries is disseminated as efficiently as possible
- Maintain all administration of the logistics and purchasing departments
- Oversee the site certification process, ensuring all goods are dispatched with the correct documentation
- Create, manage and achieve the overall logistics and purchasing department budgets and improvement plans.
Skills / Experience / Attributes
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Relevant degree or qualification
- Experience with MRP / ERP and SAP
- Sound judgement and diplomacy with a professional demeanour
- Proven people management and leadership experience
- Can handle challenging situations confidently
- Ability to plan and think strategically
- Strong analytical skills and able to interpret data
- Natural communicator, with demonstrable experience of building strong business relationships internally
- Positive and enthusiastic