Our client are seeking an experienced individual to be responsible for the development of a Procurement Strategy and associated procedures to underpin their vision for great services. You will lead professional procurement advice to colleagues, managing procurement activities and embed best practice and digital procurement across the company!
In addition, you will provide co-ordination across Corporate Projects and with senior managers, to develop and lead a co-ordinated approach to delivering VFM and efficiencies across the organisation.
- Location: NG5
- Salary: £50,000 per annum, depending on experience
- 35 hours per week, Mon - Fri
- Lead on the development and delivery of a new procurement strategy
- Develop and lead an Annual Procurement Plan with agreed efficiency targets
- Lead on the development of procurement systems to ensure the companies approach to procurement activities is in line with all required statutory and regulatory obligations
- Ensure procurement skills development and training needs are identified and delivered, in partnership with the Learning & Development department
- Ensure new contracts, extensions and renewals are compliant, reflect best practice and maximise VFM
- Ensure goods, services and works are procured in line with Standing Orders and comply with legislative, ethical and regulatory requirements including adherence to Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) procedures.
- Provide advice to stakeholders across the business to enable them to gain best value from procurement activities
- Identify and mitigate appropriate risks related with procurement activities and supply chain
- Develop KPIs to monitor spend, compliance and opportunities to maximise VFM
- Be the in-house procurement expert; providing advice and guidance across the business
- MCIPS or equivalent relevant degree and membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply
- Extensive experience of applying the Public Sector Procurement Regulations in a Contracting Authority
- Practical experience of delivering better value solutions through procurement, in the public sector
- Cross-category experience of leading procurement in areas such as construction, maintenance, IT, and customer-related services for a buying organisation in a regulated environment
- Demonstrable experience of developing strategies and operational plans to drive business performance
- Ability to engage effectively with colleagues and stakeholders and build great working relationships
Please only apply for this position if you can evidence, on your CV, the essential elements of the post.
Should this not be the case, you will only receive an automatically generated email response to your application with no further communication.