Our client is seeking to appoint an experienced Logistics Manager will have overall responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Logistics, having a long-term strategy to develop and grow with the business needs.
Within this role owned stock is maintained during movement/s of both domestic and worldwide shipments, managing a team of between 5 - 10 people to ensure stock is kept accurate at all times. The control and compliance of stock movements to Customer premises (both Domestic and International) as well as in and out of Forward Stock Locations and Hub’s.
Interaction with ALL logistic partners to ensure they are meeting SLA and contractual obligations, as well as overseeing those costs associated.
An understanding of all types of export documentation including Commercial Invoices, EUR1’s, ATR’s, Certificates of Origin, Dangerous Goods Certificates, Known Consignor Certificates, Letters of Credit, etc, to ensure smooth on time delivery of goods.
The preparation and submission of export licence applications (SIELS). The recording and monitoring of licence usage to ensure correct compliance with export control regulations. The co-ordination of ECOOGEL audits.
Up to £31,000 per annum, DOE
Full time, Permanent
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of the Logistics Team
- Manage Courier Partners and ensure they are receiving expected Service Levels
- Compliance for International Exports
- Identification of Dual Use items and assistance with Commercial Invoices for Export purposes
- When required direct, optimise and co-ordinate the full order cycle
- Liaise and negotiate with service providers
- Meet costs, productivity, accuracy and timeline targets
- Maintain metrics and analyse data to assess performance and implement improvements
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- International Trade Level 5 qualification
- Ability to motivate and manage a team
- Experience in managing 3rd party couriers for both Domestic and International
- Proficient in working with data and ability to create reports
- Ability to prioritise & organise own work in a busy environment
- Self-motivated, positive and proactive attitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational/planning skills
- Excellent numeracy skills