Our client, a well established and evolving family business are seeking to appoint a Purchasing Assistant to their team. You will be a clear communicator, keen to learn and both proactive and efficient. This is an unmissable opportunity for a keen individual to further develop their career with a desire to learn and grow.
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
Location: Ilkeston, Nottinghamshire
- Costing up sales enquiries
- Support the purchasing team
- Sales Support
- Communication with suppliers
- Take part in ongoing training programs.
- Daily planning and prioritising
- Attend sales meetings
- Stock take
- Source upto date cost prices
- Source pricing for bespoke enquiries
- Communication on pricing and queries with the sales team
- Chasing purchase orders
- Liaise with Suppliers, check delivery dates and manage order progression
- Order Samples
- Start to help input a Min level on all active specials stocks
- Prepare Tender documents
- Help build and maintain good relationships with suppliers
Skills & Attributes:
- Previous experience in a purchasing or buying environment is very desirable
- Excellent communicator
- Able to prioritise workload
- Experience of working within an office environment
Please only apply for this position if you can evidence, on your CV, the essential elements of the post.
Should this not be the case, you will only receive an automatically generated email response to your application with no further communication.