| HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER |
| BILBOROUGH, NOTTINGHAM|
| MUST BE NEBOSH OR IOSH QUALIFIED|
| PART TIME - 2.5 DAYS A WEEK |
| £12.80 PER HOUR |
|TEMPORARY CONTRACT - 4 MONTHS INITIALLY|
| IMMEDIATE START! |
Requirements of a health and safety officer:
- To undertake a programme of reviews and audits to support manages to identify their safety performance and compliance with policies, protocols, procedures and current legislation.
- To provide generic information, support and advice to managers to support the prevention and reduction of accidents and incidents in the workplace.
- To devise, review and update health and safety and fire safety policies, procedures and protocols so that appropriate safe working practices can be adopted as required in respect of areas of responsibility.
- To support managers in the investigation of accidents, incidents and near misses and feedback learning across the organisation.
- To produce and present a quarterly health and safety and fire safety exception report to the Quality and Safety Group.
- To undertake risk assessments and advise on corrective action as required.
- To act as a point of contact for health and safety and fire safety related enquiries seeking advice from the Head of Corporate Governance as required.
- To keep updated and maintain awareness of current and pending health and safety legislation and assist the Head of Corporate Governance in enabling the company to comply with its statutory regulations.
- To asist the Health and Safety Executive and other agencies on matters relating to health and safety.
- To ensure all statutory fire returns are completed within appropriate timeframes.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- IOSH OR NEBOSH qualified
- Calm, Patient and Assertive
- Excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonalskills.
- They should have strong analytical and problem solviing skills.
- Organised and good time keeping skills
Please only apply for this position if you can evidence, on your CV, the essential elements of the post.
Should this not be the case, you will only receive an automatically generated email response to your application with no further communication.