Job Title: Payroll Officer
Location: Nottingham City Centre
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm with an hour for lunch
Salary: £11.81 per hour
To deliver the monthly payroll cycle for 700 staff to deadlines and in line with legal requirements
- Carry out payroll activities as part of the monthly payroll cycle in relation to Starters, Leavers and Changes
- Calculating holiday entitlements and payments for starters, leavers and zero hours’ employees
- Processing payments and deductions through payroll
- Carry out the auto-enrolment processes
- Produce monthly reconciliation and costing reports
- Process employee changes and payments with third party providers e.g. Health cashback, pension, travel schemes
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to identify process improvements
- Deliver excellent customer service responding to telephone and email queries
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of payroll processes and principles as well as changes to legislation.
- Any other reasonable duties within the remit of this role as required
Skills, Attributes & Experience
- Experience of carrying out an end to end payroll cycle for a medium to large payroll (preferably in excess of 500 payees)
- Experience of calculating statutory payments and deductions with the ability to perform manual gross to net calculations if required.
- Experience of generating and reconciling BACS files and RTI submissions
- Experience of using a computerised payroll system, preferably integrated with a business or HR system
- Highly numerate Conscientious with excellent attention to detail
- Able to follow processes as well as question and challenge as appropriate
- A flexible approach to work
- A professional approach with the ability to build relationships with colleagues and customers
- Able to handle situations and information confidentially and with discretion
Please only apply for this position if you can evidence, on your CV, the essential elements of the post.
Should this not be the case, you will only receive an automatically generated email response to your application with no further communication.