Salary: £28,000 - 31,000 per annum
Contract: One year with opportunity to extend subject to satisfactory performance
Hours: 37 hours per week, normally Monday to Friday but with occasional evening and weekend work
Our client is looking for a self-motivated, fast-thinking individual with great initiative and leadership skills to join their Senior Management Team!
- Forge long-term, strong and productive relationships with key potential partners in senior levels of healthcare, policing, statutory services, third sector organisations, programme referral partners and other commissioners.
- Work with the Services Development Manager to identify funding opportunities and develop fundraising bids.
- Manage the work of the Marketing Officer to deliver the overall objectives of the business development function.
- Facilitate workshops, presentations, engagement and fundraising/networking opportunities.
- Design and produce high-quality written information for public viewing.
- Work with the Finance function to develop accurate costings for new projects.
- Develop and implement marketing and communications plan.
- Manage the ongoing business development research and intelligence gathering process.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Show a successful track record of securing new business opportunities and development of strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Able to establish and implement high-quality programme development strategies, processes and procedures.
- Successfully engage with a wide range of programme partners and stakeholders.
- Research and analyse data for plan development.
- Able to deliver compelling presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Experience working alongside Local Authorities and Commissioners and Third Sectors is desirable but not essential.
- Have significant knowledge of business development processes.
- Understanding of the commissioning and funding environment in which charities operate.
- Understanding of financial planning and budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to produce appealing reports and persuasive presentations to a very high standard.
- Strong research and analysis skills using complex data.
- Ability to engage and persuade a wide range of people.
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Efficient use of Email programmes and MS Office including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Please only apply for this position if you can evidence, on your CV, the essential elements of the post.
Should this not be the case, you will only receive an automatically generated email response to your application with no further communication.